Sunday, June 28, 2009

Mommy to be...

So this weekend was exciting...









On Saturday...




We went tubing down the Poudre River. The water was higher than when we've gone in the past, but it was nice not to hit your butt on rocks in the river. We had a blast and are looking at going again in a few weeks! Once you have a tube, it is free entertainment :)





Then on Sunday...






We had a baby shower for my friend Sara (I know you were hoping for something else...LOL...sorry)




Another friend, Tanae (my Matron of Honor in our wedding) and I threw the shower for Sara. We decided to be creative and re-purposed the candles from our wedding along with some baby socks to create centerpieces for the tables.



Then Tanae had a good idea for a decoration/present from us. We got some clothes for the baby and hung them on a piece of twine over the doorway. It looked cute and Sara got to keep the decorations. Basically everything we used to decorate with (except the tablecloths which were plastic and got trashed) was stuff for Sara to use for the baby or nursery.




I was in charge of the food, which we kept simple as the party was after lunch and before dinner. Fruit, veggies and the Mexican 7-layer dip that Sara requested.







Tanae requested baklava, which sounded good to me :) so I made a platter of it, we made sure to have coffee on hand as well. Tanae and I enjoyed our coffee and baklava on a nice Sunday afternoon!



Then I made cake balls. The blue ones are devil's food chocolate and the others are German Chocolate (they are rolled in toasted coconut).


The pink ones are red velvet and the yellow are spice cake.




It was as great time and the food was a hit (especially all of the sweets)! Congratulations Levi and Sara, we can't wait to meet the little one!





3 comments:

Shamrockgirl said...

I cant believe you tricked me!!! LOL! Sounds like you had a lot of fun and good food!

Amber said...

What cute decorating ideas!

Rachel said...

LOL

I hate to say it BUT I wasn't fooled... :) You guys did an awesome job!

Glad you had fun tubing!