Thursday, November 20, 2008

Overkill!!!

So James and I decided to make curry last night....

We started with the recipe on the jar of curry paste and decided to double it. We like leftovers! I think the recipe called for 16 ounces of vegetables (that's already doubled) and by the time we had cut up garlic, ginger, onions and celery we had already met that requirement. So we proceeded to add about 2 lbs of chicken, 5 lbs of potatoes, half a head of cabbage, a bunch of bak choy, carrots and red bell pepper. Do you think we over did it a bit?

We added the remainder of the jar of curry paste and are still needing more. James gets to go to the store to buy more curry paste today.

This is not the first time (nor will it be the last) that I have over done it when cooking. I tend to cook enough food to feed somewhere around 5-10 times the people I am really cooking for. I remember in college I made beef stew and fed our household (with some guests) the guys house, a leftover pot in the fridge and at least 2 big containers in the freezer. I just can't help it! It might have a little to do with the fact that I don't cook with recipes...or rather I don't follow the recipe if I have one. I use recipes as general guidelines or ideas, also I don't usually measure things (with the exception of baking, then I measure at least half the ingredients).

Thankfully James and I both like to eat and he doesn't complain about anything I make! I guess it's a good thing that I don't mind having people over to our house. So if you're hungry, come on over, I can pretty much guarantee that we will have enough food for you too!

No comments: