Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Vegas...Vegas...Vegas

Last weekend was our third annual trip to Las Vegas!

We went to see the Frozen Fury XII, Avalanche vs. Kings hockey game.

There will be several posts over the next week or so to give you a glimpse into our trip...

Our friends Jeremy and Sara invited us to go with them three years ago (they have gone every year for awhile and celebrated their 6-year anniversary this time; they got married on the ice 6 years ago before the hockey game).

We flew out of the Fort Collins-Loveland Airport, which is great! It is nice to only drive 15 minutes to the airport and pay $5 a night to park. As long as you watch the website, the flight price will usually drop for a day or so and you can get a cheap flight. We met at the ice-rink nearby and left one car there so we only had to pay for one parking fee. Our friends have taught us well in regard to flying out of this airport... Show up early so you can check in as soon as they open; we sat on the floor playing cards until they let us check in. Then you leave and drive the 5 minutes to Centerra for breakfast (or lunch depending on your flight time); we got Chick-Fil-A! Then wander around for awhile and make your way back to the airport. Go through security and then you only have to wait about 30-minutes to board your plane. It is one of the best airport experiences ever!!!

The flight to Vegas is only about an hour and a half, so it goes really quick! We usually bring snacks and grab a drink from the vending machine after we've gone through security so we don't have to buy any food. There is just enough time for a quick cat-nap or a few chapters in a book and then you are landing.

It was nice to go from the cool weather we've had in Colorado to the sunny 90's and higher in Vegas! We stayed at the Palace Station because they gave us free rooms for 2 of the 3 nights! It is definitely not anywhere near high-end in Vegas standards, but it is simple, nice and clean....and did I mention FREE! James and Jeremy were also entered into a free slot contest, they didn't win this time, but there is always next year....

We went to the Rio World Buffet for lunch/dinner; it was lunch price, but right at the end of the time so we got the dinner food at the lunch price. I was too focused on eating to get any pics, the food was great. James actually got several kinds of seafood and seemed to enjoy it, I stayed away. I did enjoy lots of different food and especially enjoyed dessert! I think I ended up with 8-10 desserts :) in my defense the desserts are small, not that it would really make a difference.

James was very excited for In-N-Out Burger, the rest of us were as well, but he was especially excited.





Even though we were not very hungry after the buffet earlier, we decided to hit In-N-Out before heading to Fremont Street.



James and I both got our burgers and fries "animal Style" I was so full that I couldn't finish and it was very sad having to throw part of my food away :(

The good thing is that we went to In-N-Out 3 more times while we were there (4 total)! So, I got to enjoy it when I was a little more hungry. I think I have decided that I like my burger "animal style" and my fries plain, also the neapolitan shake is a definite keeper.


More To Come...

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Sounds like it was fun trip... LOTS of YUMMY FOOOD!! LOL

Can't wait for part 2 :)

Shamrockgirl said...

those look like some tasty burgers!!!