Sunday, September 20, 2009

Hockey Widow

My wonderful husband is going to be a hockey widow this season (or is it widower)....

James decided to take a season off from playing, but I am playing on two nights this season (Friday and Sunday). He is actually going to fill in as goalie on our Sunday team for the first month while our rostered goalie recovers from knee surgery, but otherwise is not planning to play. He may get sucked in for a few games anyway, but we will see; he is ready for a break.

I on the other hand could not be more excited that the league is starting again! We had the ice for practice on Friday and Sunday night; it felt great to get back out there although I am out of shape. I am hoping that going to the gym might help with that. I am missing this week's practices since we will be in Las Vegas (a price to pay, but we will get to watch some hockey while we are there and just have a good time). The weekend after we come back, our official games start; I can't wait!!!

So it is an interesting twist since it is usually the guys on the team playing and their wives watching or staying at home, etc. Granted I convinced James to let us play three nights over the summer so this season doesn't come as too much of a surprise; I just like playing too much :) I am glad he puts up with it!

The Countdown until Las Vegas is 4 days...