Wednesday, January 28, 2009

25 Things

So I did this for Facebook and one of my friend's put her's on her blog, I thought is was a good idea, so here you go. 25 random things that you may or may not know or want to know about me:

1. I love being married! It took us a little over 7 years, but it was worth it!

2. I was born in 29 Palms, CA and have lived in various towns in Minnesota, California, Arizona, North Carolina and Colorado; I even lived in Japan for about six months when Iwas two years old.

3. I am a Marine Corp brat (my dad calls me a Jar-ette, if you don’t get it…ask me sometime). My dad retired from the Marine Corp after 21 years, but “Once a Marine, Always a Marine” I guess that also means "once a Jar-ette, always a Jar-ette"

4. I love to play hockey!

5. I don’t like drama, didn’t like it when I was growing up, in high school, college or now. I think people can be over-sensitive and too easily offended. I’m not overly sensitive or easily offended (really, ask James). Life is a lot more enjoyable when I am who I am and others can take it or leave it and they can be themselves around me.

6. I love our two cats (Jules and Sake) and two dogs (O.C. and Baxter). They all have such interesting personalities and are very, very spoiled!

7. I love to spend time with my husband and am glad that he is not afraid for me to be independent or speak my mind.

8. I love food! I am partial to Asian cuisine, but I also like everything else…except for seafood and mushrooms, oh…liver and lamb are not on my menu either. Otherwise, food is wonderful!

9. I love playing board games and card games! Thankfully James enjoys this as well (not so much cards, but he humors me)!

10. I love coffee (wow, I guess I love a lot of things…darn English language, only having one word for love….read C.S Lewis “The Four Loves” if you don’t understand) oh, yeah…love coffee, I think it courses through my veins. I drink coffee pretty much every day, all day long. I like it straight up black, with sugar, with cream, with cream and sugar, whatever as long as I get my coffee! Yes I am addicted!

11. I love having a house, and living in Loveland! I wish we were able to do more work on our house, but I know we will someday.

12. I think the saying “a Jack of all trades and Master of none” fits me quite well. I know enough about a lot of things just to make me dangerous.

13. I would like to continue learning Russian someday, and maybe another language or two.

14. I want to visit Ireland. I would enjoy seeing England and Scotland as well.

15. I would really like to teach English in China for a year (James wants to also), but know that now is not the right time, and not sure when or if there will be.

16. I would like to go on a mission trip to another country, maybe Africa or South America.

17. I don’t spend a lot of time on my appearance, I can easily get ready in 20 minutes and that includes taking a shower. I usually dress up only when I have to.

18. I love to read! I love spending a whole day off just reading. Between James and me, I know we have over a thousand books. He reads even faster than I do and we cannot afford to buy new books all of the time, so we both reread books and get some from the library, we also love used book stores.

19. I would love to be organized, I’m just not! Plus I am a pack rat.

20. Someday I would like to finish my college degree, just so I can say I did it.

21. My mom and I disagreed over my clothes in high school, only I was the conservative one.

22. I like change, I think growing up in the military made me that way. So I have the tendency to randomly move furniture around and rearrange things, I think it is just to add some change and newness to life.

23. I like playing sports with guys (instead of girls) they are competitive and play hard, they tend not to hold grudges and are not “catty”, and most of them don’t whine too much..oh yeah remember that "drama" stuff from number 5, they tend not to have that.

24. I am awful at staying in touch with people. So I love Facebook and blogs, they allow me to keep up with all that is going on and share what is happening with me. Two of my sisters-in-law have blogs, so I started one (www.stmlig.blogspot.com), and then my mother-in-law started one as well. It is actually kind of fun, even if only a few people read it.

25. I love pajamas! I am thankful that I get to work at home a lot, because then I can spend the day in PJs.

2 comments:

Amber said...

That was so fun learning more about you. It's too bad we don't live closer to you and James, because we share a lot of interests. And I'm glad you love being married. It gets a bad rap sometimes. :)

Rachel said...

I suppose I should do this also, especially since you tag me on FB to do it.

I love #25... Ummm I am totally guilty of this!!!

I am so lucky to have you part of my life sister inlaw! You are truly unique and special!!

LOVE YA!

HUGS!!!