Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Semper Fi

November 10, 2009 marks the celebration of the 234th birthday of the United States Marine Corps. Happy Birthday Marines!

Veteran's day is tomorrow on November 11th and I truly appreciate all those who serve, but I have a special place in my heart for the Marine Corps.

I spent about the first 18 years of my life as the daughter of an Active-Duty Marine (my dad is now retired from the Marines, but a Marine none the less). I would not change this experience although it was not always the easiest upbringing. I think this is why I am so thankful not only for our soldiers, but for their families as well.

If you know anyone who has or is serving, please thank them for their service. The freedoms we enjoy, even the freedom to disagree has been instituted and protected by these men and women.

Thank you to all of the families, your support of our servicemen and women allows them to do their job. Your service to our country in enabling them to protect our lives and freedoms is more important than we may realize. THANK YOU and GOD BLESS!

Thank you to all those who have and are serving. You have sacrificed so much to allow us live free, let us not take that freedom for granted. THANK YOU and GOD BLESS!

Here is a link to the GoDaddy site for the 234th Marine Corp Birthday

Here is the link to the "Warrior Song" for the Military

1 comment:

the Provident Woman said...

I love your kind words for our service ment and women.

I have a giveaway on my blog. Click on the WHAT AM I? Giveaway in one of the right sidebars to get to it.
Today is the last day to enter.
theprovidentwoman.com